Effective date: August 1st, 2017
Welcome to Gamee.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and further process the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address or phone number when you register for Gamee account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture, birth day and gender). This information allows others to find you on Gamee.
- User Content (e.g., comments) that you post to the Service.
- Location - Gamee application may require location permission in order to access battles features. If you consent to the use of your location data, we use this information to display battles in your location. If you do not wish to give such permission, you can still use the service but battles feature will not be available.
- Access to your phone contact list. Gamee may ask permission to access your devices contact list to help you find contacts that are already using the Service. If you do not wish to give this permission (i.e., if you do not agree with Gamee accessing your phone contact list), you may still use the service with limited features of finding friends.
- Communications between you and Gamee. We may send you Service-related emails (e.g., news, changes/updates to features of the Service), you may opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on Gamee:
- If you choose to find your friends through your device's contacts list and give us consent hereto, then Gamee will access your contacts list to determine whether or not someone associated with your contact is using Gamee.
Inviting Friends feature:
- If you choose to invite someone to the Service through our "Invite friends" feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send a text or email from your personal account. You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Gamee does not initiate, control or have access to this communication.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service assist us in improving the Service.
- When you access the Service, you disclose certain information related to your hardware and software that we automatically collect. For example, we may collect your IP (Internet Protocol) address, operating system, browser type, access times, pages visited, search terms, mobile carrier, device type, device IDs, and application IDs. We collect this information to generate statistics about use of the Service and use the results to customize as well as improve the overall quality of the Service.
2. HOW GAMEE USES YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
- provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
- develop and test new products and features
- monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
- diagnose or fix technology problems
Upon your explicit consent, we may also use your personal information you give to us as well as other personal information we gain from your behaviour and use of the Service (such as log data) as specified in Section 1, for automated decisions, including profiling, in order to provide you with personalized content and/or advertising bespoke to your needs and preferences.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Gamee without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Other users of the Service that may see your results, challenge you or otherwise see your use of the Service as described in our Terms.
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms. Currently, the third parties to whom data relating to you and your use of the Service may be transferred, and the purposes of such transfers include:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc, Seattle, WA 98108-1226, United States of America, used for storage of your profile pictures and stream of the Service;
- SuperNetwork s.r.o., Bilejova 407, 463 03 Stráž nad Nisou, Czech Republic, operating SuperHosting.cz used for storage of user databases.
- Mixpanel 405 Howard Street, Floor 2, San Francisco, California 941 05, USA
- Data collected from you may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States (US) or any other country in which Gamee, its affiliates, subcontractors, suppliers or other third party vendors maintain facilities. While we reserve the right to change our business partners and/or data locations, when we transfer any personal information to the USA or any other country outside the EU or EEA in which Gamee, its affiliates, subcontractors, suppliers or vendors maintain facilities, we will implement such appropriate legal mechanism as are required by EU law to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection by such third parties receiving your personal data (for example, European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses).
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine any anonymized information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information to comply with legal requirements. We may also access, preserve and share information when it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Taking into account the state of the art, scope, context and purposes of processing of your personal information as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for your rights and freedoms, we take reasonable steps to protect and secure your personal information against unauthorized access or disclosure. We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We review our business practices periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security of our information.
To register with the Service, you will be required to select a password to protect your account unless you login with your account on a third-party service. You must keep your password confidential.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications.
How long we keep your User Content:
- We store and process your personal information for the period of your use of the Service. Following termination or deactivation of your account, Gamee or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes; such information will not be retained for more than 2 years after your termination or deactivation of your account and will not be used for any other purposes.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
We take reasonable measures to ensure that you are able to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You can always ask us to confirm whether or not we process your personal information and if we do, to what extent, and require access to it.
In accordance with applicable laws and as further detailed below, you have the right to request access to, rectification, erasure or portability (e.g. to another service provider) of your personal information we process, as well as to request restriction of such processing. You can also withdraw your consent that you have given to us at any time. Please note that withdrawal of your consent does not affect lawfulness of any processing done on the understanding that you had given the consent before.
Erasure of your personal information. You can request that we erase your personal information at any time. If you approach us with such a request, we will delete (and ensure deletion by the processors that we engage) your personal information we have without undue delay. We will also delete all your personal information in case you withdraw your consent or under the circumstances that applicable laws require us to do so. Your personal information will be deleted accordingly, provided that it is no longer necessary for provision of the Service or there is no other legal ground for the processing.
Restriction of processing. If you request to restrict the processing of your personal information, e.g. in circumstances when you contest the accuracy of your personal information, or lawfulness of our need to process your personal information, we will limit processing of your personal information to the necessary minimum (storage). In such case, if applicable, we will process your personal information only for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or, where necessary, for protection of rights of another natural or legal person, or other limited reasons dictated by the applicable law. In case the restriction is lifted and we continue processing your personal information, we will inform you accordingly without undue delay.
Portability of your personal information. You have the right to receive personal data which relate to you and you have provided to us. If you approach us with such request, we will provide your personal information in a commonly used and machine readable format to you within 2 weeks from receipt of your request. If you request so, we may also send your personal information to a third party (another data controller) which you may identify in your request, unless such request would adversely affect rights or freedoms of others or would not be technically feasible.
Objections to direct marketing. If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from us or you do not wish that your personal information is used for profiling as related to such marketing or promotional activities, you can request that we cease the use of your personal information for these purposes. In such case, you will no longer be able to benefit from some of the Service or specific features for which this category of processing is essential (i.e. the receipt of (personalised) marketing and promotional materials).
If you exercise any of your rights according to this Section or applicable laws, we will communicate any rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing in accordance with your request to each recipient to whom the personal information has been disclosed pursuant to Section 3, unless such communication proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
If you wish to exercise these rights and/or obtain all relevant information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide your email address or mobile phone number, depending on the form of your registration; this is necessary to verify that the request has been sent by you. We will respond within 1 month after receipt of your request, but we retain the right to extend this period up to 2 months if necessary. We will in any event inform you within 1 month after receipt of your request whether it is necessary to extend the period to respond.
You have the right to submit a complaint concerning our data processing activities to the competent supervisory authority, which is, for Gamee being subject to Czech jurisdiction, the Office for Protection of Personal Information (www.uoou.cz).
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Gamee does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Service, including the information or content contained within them.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US